- The wixaritari (los huicholes)
- - population: about 26,000- bilingual
- religion: shamanism, animism
- 75 different tribes
- 68 recognized languages
The wixaritari game
You are going to take part in a project for the wixaritari.
Each table prepares a team.
- 1 leader (all group decides who is going to be the leader)
- 1 member is not allowed to join the team (leader has to tell him/her in a formal way). He/she will be the “storekeeper / shopkeeper”.
- The rest must buy “things” from the other stores. To get them, use sentences using expressions from the “Let's Chat” sheet given out in class:
- Well constructed sentences are the coins for trading. The shopkeeper decides their correctness.
- pick up, round up, dig up, get hold of,...
- sort out, rank out,...
- check, check it out, double check, make sure, dig it up,...