The main objective of the ITC sessions that we will have along the school year is that of:
- getting familiar and using digital resources, email servers, navigators, searching engines, platforms and social networks which are freely available on the Internet in order to get or obtain information, supply information, interact with other users in forums and difuse or give publicity about yourselves, other animators or social activists, institutions and events.
And our goal for this first session consists of letting the world know that you exist, that you have some unique skills and projects to pursue.
For that purpose, we suggest:
1. Create a new post in the class blog - livescripts.blogspot.com - with your best picture, personal presentation and cv including e.mails from good references and links to your facebook, twitter account, personal blog, youtube account, etc... -some of them optional if you want to separate your profession from your personal life!
2. Create an account on aboutme.com especialized in personal presentations and resumes or cvs.
3. Create a personal blog or in case you already have one create a post with the info of first point.
livescripts.blogspot.com - on movies, entertainment, kinesthetics, transcripts...
playarchetypes.blogspot.com - on Jungian psychology
4. A Glogster is a digital picture, like a poster, that supports images, videos, voice or songs, text and links to other sites. It can be a great personal presentation tool that we'll be using in the classroom. In order to create one, go to glogster.com and follow the instructions.
5. Create a personal presentation video and a personal account on youtube or vblog.
6. Create links among all these websites -searching engines like google compute not only the frequency of visits to your sites but also the amount of these links in order to priorize your site on resulting lists.
7. Get to know each other, interact, comment, subscribe to your colleagues' blogs or sites, recommend, like, follow your friends, etc... the way we trainers understand our job is that, in a way, you are not really students, and we are not in a classroom; this is a company, an enterprise, you are all "employees", we are a TEAM and we have to give support to each other, because if one of you makes it to the top, the others might have a better chance to follow your path.
8. All these digital resources that you are about to create should be kept and listed:
first: on a page called TEAM of the class blog,
second: on a shared EXCEL document that we will create for that purpose.
AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THAT?
1. to create a new post:
a. the blog will be open and you'll have free access to it in the classroom. Therefore the information to be included should be:
subject: IRIS 1314 TASOCT1 your name/nick name/symbol to represent your presentation.
content: first of all, a picture of yourself -strongly recommended- or avatar; then, a short personal presentation; thirdly, your curriculum vitae, and finally, links to other personal resources or accounts.
click on PUBLISH, then go to the blog and make sure your post is perfectly displayed, otherwise, repeat the procedure.
b. send an email to email@example.com with subject as before and same contents for the body of the email; then, again go to the blog and make sure it is properly displayed. Notice you could even use your smart phone to do it, then later on update your post as you like it.
c. accept the e.mail invitation from the administrator of a blog so you can freely post any other information,
2. In order to create a twitter account, or aboutme.com page or a blog or a glogster.com account go to these sites and follow instructions,
3. we understand these are only a few examples so if you have other suggestions, please share them.
1. Once you have your glogster, whether in this session or another, it could be motivating and enriching to share it with the rest of us. In the beginning of a class, each one of you should present his/her glogster on the screen together with a brief explanation and a dynamic -some dancing steps or body dub movements, etc...
2. using audio-visual resources, like our own video recordings, or storyboards, plots for movies or documentaries is part of the contents for this M04, so we could get a head start by having a session in which we would video-tape our own presentation.
3. We should be updating all information that you create in other sessions, uploading pictures or videos from class activities.
4. we should have specific sessions for point 7 and 8 of first paragraph.